Monday, January 4, 2016

The Best of Beauty 2015

As we're saying hello to a New Year, I want to take a minute to share some of my most-loved beauty products of 2015.  




These are a few of my favorite things....


Skin Care:
I'm only sharing the products I use in conjunction with my makeup, because I intend to do an entire "Skin Care Routine" post in the near future.  ;-) 
1. Clean & Clear Spot Treatment
2. Garnier Skin Renew Anti Puff Eye Roller
3. Garnier Moisture Renew Gel-Cream
4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

I love to use the clean & clear treatment over blemishes prior to applying any moisturizer or makeup because I feel like it provides a barrier while healing the blemish.  I've been using this product for years, literally, years and I love it.  My only gripe is that it can be drying with continued use.  
Garnier is my holy beloved, especially for skin care.  Their products never seem to cause breakouts for me.  The anti puff eye roller is great under makeup or concealer if you didn't get enough sleep and need that extra somethin' somethin'.  I use the gel-cream moisturizer pretty much every day and it gives me life.  I recently switched to the "Normal/Combo Skin" version after using the "Dry Skin" one for a while, and truthfully I don't see much of a difference.  I don't think the "Dry Skin" version provides much more of an extra quench to your thirsty skin.
Lastly, the Clinique moisturizing gel is a new love that I discovered over the summer.  I have combo to oily skin, but when wearing makeup it's pretty hard to contain my inner grease ball.  My nose is like an oil slick.  A tech at Sephora recommended this to me when I purchased an item that will be shared below and I pretty much can't live without it now.  It's definitely a must for Summer makeup, and is great for controlling your face's oil production, especially under makeup..  It's just flawless.  Definitely reduced and nearly eliminated my need to "touch-up" throughout the day..   
  


Foundations/ BB Creams, Powder, and Setting Spray:
1. Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream for Combo to Oily Skin in Light/ Medium
2. Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream for Combo to Oily Skin in Medium/ Deep
3. Clinique Stay- Matte Foundation in Sand
4. Neutrogena Shine Control Powder
5. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

So I lost my makeup virginity to the Garnier BB Cream.  It was the first ever foundation-like product I had used.  
Fun story: I legit got so sun burnt that I had to use something because I was a fresh ripe tomato. Anyway, it's a product that I instantly fell in love with and continue to repurchase.  I am not someone who actively struggles with acne, blemishes, etc so I just don't feel that I need something full coverage.  This BB cream is nearly sheer and just simply evens your skin tone.  I definitely have to set it with a powder to avoid my grease ball curse, but other than that it's fab.  It's a very natural "I woke up like this" look.  
Next up is the Clinique stay-matte foundation.  I discovered this during the summer while looking for a matte foundation.  I use this with the Clinique moisturizing gel I mentioned above and even in the strongest humidity over the summer, I stayed matte.  It was incredible.  I definitely don't think Clinique products get the hype they deserve.  This foundation is a thicker consistency so I apply it with a brush rather than a blending sponge.  I just don't feel it applies right with a sponge.  It's medium-full coverage, is buildable, but I think it definitely has the potential to cause the ever dreaded "cake face" so beware.  
No matter what BB cream or foundation I am using on a particular day I ALWAYS ALWAYS set my concealer & t-zone with my Neutrogena shine control powder.  I hit pan on this in no time.  Lol  I apply it like a crazed maniac.  It claims to have "rice protein complex" not totally sure what that is but it soaks my oil up like a sponge and I love it.  
Finally, the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray...  After I complete my makeup I generously, okay, I drown myself in this, all over my face.  The name is pretty self explanatory... It makes your makeup last all night!!  Or all day... Whatever your routine is.  ;-)


Concealer & Highlighter:
1. Maybelline Master Conceal in Fair
2. Maybelline Dream Lumi
3. Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller
4. NYX Illuminator in Narcissistic
5. Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki

The master concealer has had some negative feedback, but personally I've never had an issue..  It's pretty thick so I only use a little..  
The dream lumi is a favorite for summer time because it's a concealer and a highlighter.  I use this under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, chin, and forehead.  
Now, the Garnier dark circle eye roller is a holy grail for me.  I use this EVERY single time I do my makeup even if I use another concealer, I use this first!  I discovered this when I discovered the BB Cream and although I don't feel I have dark circles, I think this is just an amazing under eye concealer.  It doesn't crease or become cakey.  It just gives an awesome natural look and feel.  
Both the NYX & Hard Candy highlighters I typically only use on my cheekbone.  They're perfect for that goddess glow.  I've also used Tiki as an eye shadow and an eyebrow highlight.  Love.  


Eye Shadows: 

1.  Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette 
2. Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette
3. L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Iced Latte (DUPE for Stila Kitten)

My first palette was the Urban Decay NAKED and it's a product I will forever love and buy.  These shadows are so versatile and gorgeous.  Buck & Naked are literally the most perfect transition and crease shades of life!!!  
I purchased the Vice 3 palette shortly after is was released..  I reach for it quite often but only for a few specific shades.  This palette is the only Urban Decay palette that I have experienced extremely powdery shadows that tend to just crumble.  They're really pretty shadows though and love using them for a good ol' smokey eye.  
Last stop on the shadow train is the L'Oreal single shadow in Iced Latte which is pretty much an exact DUPE for Stila "Kitten" which is why I bought it.  You can't beat $8 compared to $18.  
This shadow is just beautiful for any way that you choose to wear it.  A few of my favorites is a full lid color (especially in the Summer), inner eye highlight, and brow bone highlight..  This shadow is so illuminating and shiny..  It's like a pressed pigment.  


Eye Liners and Mascaras:
1. Urban Decay 24/7 Black Velvet Liner
2. Cover Girl Perfect Point Liner
3. Maybelline Master Smokey Line & Smudger
4. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
5. Maybelline Mega Plush
6. L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga

These are my most reached for liners and mascaras..  
Voluminous Carbon Black is my absolute #1 love.  It just gives me that perfect length every time.  I sometimes add the Mega Plush over it for some extra thickness.  


Blush & Bronzer:
1. Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in Mauve
2. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
3. NYX Blush in Terra Cotta
4. NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium
5. Palladio Baked Bronzer in Caribbean Tan

The Maybelline blush in Mauve is seriously such a GORG color for any time and any season..  
Everyone has probably already heard of most of these so I won't waste time raving about them even more..  I wanted to share them because they're products I reach for the most and are versatile for year round use.  


Lippies:

1. KIM - NYX Pump it Up Lip Plumper
2. Life's a Peach - Maybelline Baby Lips Gloss
3. Eclair - NYX Butter Gloss
4. East End Snob - Rimmel Retractable Lip Liner
5. Kitten Heels - NYX Liquid Suede 
6. Sandstorm - NYX Liquid Suede
7. Divine Wine - Maybelline Mattes Collection
8. Peach Poppy - Maybelline Rebel Bloom Collection
9. Coral Ambition - Maybelline Color Whisper Collection
10. Fergie Daily - Wet n Wild Fergie Collection
11. Nude Attitude - Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick (DUPE for Viva Glam GaGa III)

These are my favorite/ most reached for lippies..  I keep most of them with me at all times.  :-)
Personally, I love the way lip plumpers feel.  That tingly burn, yeah, love it.    
I really enjoy mattes and nudes, but everyone needs a good ol' bold red lip, right?  Right.  
(My go to red lip will be featured below.)
I use my Rimmel lip liner for pretty much everything.  The color is so versatile I even use it with lighter or darker lip looks.
(For this lip color, I lined my lips with the Rimmel liner in East End Snob, then applied Maybelline Divine Wine, and NYX Kitten Heels in the center.)



Well, that's all she wrote, Folks.  I hope y'all have enjoyed my Best of Beauty 2015!!!  All of these products are great quality and great for any beginner or growing makeup collection.  Per ush feel free to drop any questions or comments you may have either in the comments or privately with my contact links at the top of the page.  

The End...
XO, 
Terin

Connect With Me::

2 comments:

  1. The pic up top with the lips is nice, your eyes are amazing i would like to see the same eye makeup with a mauve color lipstick would be nice to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic up top with the lips is nice, your eyes are amazing i would like to see the same eye makeup with a mauve color lipstick would be nice to.

    ReplyDelete