Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Night Out | Super Bowl 50🏈 (ft Morphe 35o Palette)




Today I'm going to be sharing the deets for this eye look.  
I kind of just threw this together while I was getting ready today and really love the way it turned out so I wanted to share.  :-) 


I started with my typical routine..  Applied moisturizer, BB cream, concealer, and then set my face.  Ya know, to control my inner grease ball.  

I used the highly sought after Morphe 35o palette and the Sonia Kashuk no. 109  brush.  
The #109 blending brush has legit become a holy grail of mine and I plan on ordering more!! 
(All items used will be detailed below.)
I found tonight that these specific shadows blend muuuuch better with a dense blending brush rather than a shadow or crease brush.  So I used the SK no. 109 with every shadow and blended blended blended so that it didn't become muddy looking.  
Unfortunately, these shadows do not have names, so I have put numbers on the shadows I used and will explain in further detail below when and how I used each one.  


EYES:
These shades are darker in person, I used flash to take this photo.

Starting out I took a little of 1 & 2 on my brush and blended them into my crease and upwards towards my brow bone, blending until it looked smooth.  

Then I went into 3 & 4 softly blending them into my outer V (outer corner) after must was applied I brushed up and across my crease with any excess left on my brush.  

Next taking 5 & 6 I added more into the outer V and into the crease to darken it up a bit more.  I then blended all of the shadows together more by doing windshield wiper motions back and fourth in my crease and along my outer corner.  Afterwards I took a small amount of 7 and blended it all into my crease and my outer corner.  

I never took any of the shadows all over my lid, I feel leaving the lid plain adds a better look and more dimension when the look is finished.  You could even take one of the lighter shades and add it to your lid afterwards if you want.   
(If you feel it isn't as dark as you'd like just keep going back in with the shadows, blending well between each application.)

To finish off I used 8 & 9 to highlight my brow bone and then added some black eyeliner on my bottom lash line & smudged it out with the darker shadows I used from the palette.  

The key with smokey looks and especially these shadows is blend blend blend!!!  
It's taken me a little bit to get the hang of this palette, but I do love it and think it's worth the hype!



FACE

For my contour and blush I used my Benefit Cosmetics Cheekathon Palette.  

I used the brush shown and applied Hoola to the hallows of my cheek bones and temples to add warmth & dimension to my face.  
I really love Hoola.  It's so versatile and I think it is a perfect bronzer for any skin type and for contouring beginners, because it's light and matte..  You don't get a ton of product in 1 swipe so it's easier to build up and harder to accidentally apply too much.  ;-)

For blush I used Dandelion (top left) and then Rockateur (top right) over it.  

Easy peasy!  



Finished Look:


I hope y'all enjoy this little informational demo.  I'm going to list all products used for this look below as well as where they can be found!  ;-)
As always any questions or comments you can drop in the comments or in a private contact form!  
Please also feel free to send me suggestions for what you'd like to see on my blog in the future!!
XO,
Terin

Connect With Me::



Products Mentioned:

Morphe 35o Palette - MorpheBrushes.com 
(It sells out almost immediately every time it's restocked so just keep stalking the site.)

Benefit Cosmetics Cheekathon Palette (I got mine from HSN it was a limited edition exclusive and has sold out; however, you can buy all of the products individually from Ulta.)

Sonia Kashuk no. 109 Blending Brush - Found at Target -   Click Here to view/ order.  



Other Products Used Not Mentioned:

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel 
Garnier BB Cream for Combo to Oily in Light/ Medium 
Real Techniques Complexion Sponge 
Maybelline Master Fix Loose Setting Powder
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
Maybelline Volume Express Falsies Push Up Drama (wow that's a mouth full, huh?)
Rimmel London Lip Liner in Eastend Snob
NYX Butter Gloss in E'clair


What I'm Wearing:
Top- Express


{DISCOUNT CODES}

Save 20% on any Million Dollar Tan purchase with code TERINTAN20 - Click Here
**Y'all, PLEASE do not share my affiliate codes to any other sites, specifically coupon sites..  Otherwise I won't be able to share discounts with my readers anymore.. :-( **

No comments:

Post a Comment