Saturday, January 16, 2016

My Self Tanning Routine | Beauty Beginners

Today I'm going to be sharing my self-tanning routine, featuring Million Dollar Tan.  I mostly do this during the winter & special occasions.   First I'll be sharing some deets on the products I use and then some info on prepping and how to apply.  
(A discount code will be below, because who doesn't love a good discount..)
Before                                           After

So when I am feeling like Casper's long lost sister, my go to self tanner is Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme.  There's a few reasons this specific one is my favorite.  Since it's white there is no color guard, and no chance of color transfer on sheets, clothes, etc..  Which I love.  It gives a nice color, not orange, and no streaking.  I also have never had any real issue with it fading unevenly.  You can apply several "layers" to reach your more desired shade, I typically apply 2.  



(All products will be listed & linked below.)

Pre-Tan Prep:
The number 1 thing that is a must prior to any self tanning is to shower, shave, exfoliate. 
 My favorite product for exfoliating is the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub.  It really gets rid of any dead skin or buildup you may have from lotions and such.  
Next I shave..  Shaving is another form of exfoliating plus you want to limit the amount of shaving while you're tanned because it will shorten your tan's life because again, it's a form of exfoliating.  
After that I just wash my body down with my daily shower gel on my loofah.  


How I Self Tan: 
After prepping my skin, I let myself air dry.  I apply a regular lotion to any extra dry spots (elbows, knees, ankles, wrists) this helps the self tanner to not cling to those areas and cause buildup which will likely turn orange.  

Then, I apply my self tanner.  You can do it in any order you feel comfortable with.  I usually start with my legs and work my way up.



  I apply 1 layer, allow it to dry, and then apply a second.  After doing my whole body, I apply 1 layer of the Cabana Tan Extreme Face to my face & neck.  I have the face formula version so I use it, but the regular body CBT can also be used on your face.  
Once I have applied all of my layers I put on loose fitting clothes and continue on with my life for the next 4-6 hours.  

Another before & after.  

Products I Use:
The Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (walmart, ulta, target)
Venus Breeze Razors (CVS, Walmart, Target)
TONE Moisturizing Body Wash (CVS, Walmart, Target)
Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion (Walmart, CVS, Target)

Cabana Tan Extreme Lotion
Cabana Tan Extreme FACE Lotion
All That Shimmers Dry Oil

(Use Code TERINTAN20 to receive 20% off your purchase!)
**Y'all, PLEASE do not share my discount code to any other sites, specifically coupon sites.  Otherwise, I won't be able to share discounts anymore. :-( **




I hope this helps all of my Dolls who want to be bronze goddesses.  I'll add a little FAQ below in case there's any unanswered questions y'all have.  
Until next time, may the makeup Gods be with you.
XO,
Terin


Connect With Me::



Self Tanning FAQ:
Q:  Do I have to exfoliate?
A:  YES!  Exfoliating removes dead skin and other skin buildup so that the self tanner can apply evenly and give you the best color possible.  

Q:  Should I lotion my body prior to self tanner?
A:  I don't..  It provides a barrier and will limit the amount of color you get..  Which is why it's also a good idea to lotion dryer areas prior to self tanning..  (Wrists, ankles, elbows, knees, etc)

Q:  Is self tanning better than a tanning bed?
A:  Yes.  Self tanning doesn't harm or age your skin the way that tanning beds would.  

Q:  What's the difference between sunless tanners and self-tanners?
A:  They're the same thing!

Q:  Is the "All That Shimmers Dry Oil" a self tanner?
A:  No.  All That Shimmers is a temporary product that gives immediate color & highlight to the skin.  It will wash off when you shower.  (It can be used with/ on top of a self tan or alone.)

Q:  Does the Million Dollar Tan CTE have a scent?
A:  No.  The body lotion has no scent, but it slightly develops the typical self tanner smell as your tan begins to develop over 4-6 hours.

Q:  Does the Million Dollar Tan CBTE FACE have a scent?  
A:  Yes.  There is a light fragrance.  To me, it smells like summer. 

Q:  What can I not do while my tan develops?
A:  You can't get wet, sweat, swim..  None of that!  Or you run the risk of your tan streaking.  

Q:  How long will my tan last?
A:  Results tend to vary..  Mine typically lasts 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. 

Q:  What should I do to maintain my tan?
A:  Stay moisturized!  I limit my use of my loofah while self tanned and I moisturize everyday after showering.  

Q:  How much should I use??
A:  As much as you want, girl! or guy..  The less you use, the lighter your color, and the more you use, the deeper your color.  I wouldn't go too crazy though until you're familiar with the product and the color it gives you.  


(If you have any additional questions feel free to drop them in the comments or in a private contact form.)

No comments:

Post a Comment